Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm "SEW" excited!


So for mother's day, Ryan asked what I would like, and I mentioned that I would like to have a sewing machine. So that's what I got. I finally got a chance to use it this weekend. I decided to try something simple, since I have no experience with a sewing machine. So I decided to try making a "grocery sack", you know kind of like the ones that all the stores are selling. I think it turned out pretty good. Check out the picture. I bought enough fabric to make 3 more bags. I am going to try to bring them with me everytime I go shopping so I can stop bringing home all those plastic bags. I try to use them as often as I can, but it seems like my cupboard is always overflowing. So hopefully my little sewing project will be somewhat useful. I'm really excited to start making some things. A few things on my list are: a new blanket for Brayden, curtains for the house....


3 Comments:

  1. Filetti Family said...
    Hi Martha Stewart! Wow, I can't believe that you have not sewn before because that bag looks awesome!!! I bet you could start selling them. After you do your curtains will you teach me?
    Crystal Sargent said...
    Love it! I need to do that. I hate grocery sacks too. Sorry I haven't got back to you, I am a freak, I read the emails and then forget. I will soon I promise.
    Scott and Jetti said...
    Good job! I love sewing! Good luck with all your other projects.

Post a Comment