Sunday, July 27, 2008

Finally, a nice weekend!

Since it’s been raining for what seems like FOREVER…we haven’t been out to the beach since January (we had a warm winter) and Ryan’s had school every weekend Jan. - June. So last weekend we were finally able to get out and enjoy the beach. It was a perfect day…no rain, no clouds, no wind. Although the weather report was 89° with 78% humidity making it feel like 99.2°! With all that being perfect, something was bound to happen. First Ryan, Brayden and I arrived at the beach about 11:30, no problems there. We got the jetski unloaded, again no problems – except I still can’t back the trailer in. I need to practice it one day.

We had a few friends meeting us out there. The first to arrive was one of the guys from the Ryan’s firestation. I don’t know if Ryan is bad at giving directions or what but 2 of the 3 people who came out ended up on the beach north of us (which is about 3-40 minutes drive). Ryan went to meet is friend at the boat ramp to help in unload his jetski, although the whole trip took about an hour everything else seems to go ok. While that was going on, Brayden patiently waited on our jetski. Can you imagine sitting in one spot for an hour. By the time Ryan got back my toes were like little prunes from standing out in the water next to the jetski since Brayden insisted on patiently waiting on the jetski for his dad. Everything was going good. Our next the next person arrived, a girl from the firestation and her two boys. After watching her chase around a 3 and 4 year old, I’m getting a little scared to consider having another kid. But it was fun watching Brayden play with the older boys. So, things are going good and then it happens…the other guy’s jetski sucked up his rope, anchor AND buoy! The beach was so packed that it was hard to maneuver in and out around all the people. So as he tried to maneuver around everyone….all off a sudden it stopped working, everything had gotten sucked in. (Note to self: when the beach is packed have someone push you out so you don’t run over your rope.) Because they were about to take Brayden out for a ride, I had to take Ryan’s place so Ryan could help his friend figure out what to do about the “little problem”. I don’t really like being out in the “big ocean” all that much, I’m more of a land-lover. Brayden on the other hand is a little fish. Brayden seemed a little irritated that I would only go 20-25 mph. He and his dad are little speed demons and they love going fast. Brayden has been out on the jetski since he was about 16 months old, so I guess he’s an old pro. Everyone is always so amazed about how serious he is on the jetski – you would think that he would be laughing and screaming, but I personally think he puts his “game-face” on when he gets out there! After propping the jetski up on it’s side, our group along with some friendly citizens helped cut the rope out of the propeller and I was able to come back and have Ryan take Brayden out. It took them about an hour to get it all out of the propeller. After a little flushing, the jetski started to run good again. Hopefully no internal damage was done. And then the diaper! I decided to take Brayden out of his regular diaper and put him into a swimmer diaper. I was hesitant at first, because if a kid has to go #2 in one of those things, it is really hard to get it all cleaned up and changed. But I figured we would be ok. HAH! Was I wrong, not more than 20 minutes after changing him it happened. Let’s just say, I should be relieved of diaper duty for a month! Let’s just leave it at that! I’ll save you and not go into the details.

The last of our friends arrived around 4:00 after getting lost on the northern beach again….Next time I’ll be the one to give directions. The guys jetskiied for about another 2 hours, until we finally left the beach around 7:00pm. Although we are all pretty sore the next day, the best part of it, NO SUNBURNS! After being out there for 8 hours, I was sure one of us would be a lobster. But after multiple coating of sunscreen we all have a nice tan going! I hope it nice again soon so we can go out again.

By the way since the sand gets on EVERYTHING…I only took the camera out once and got these pictures. Next time I’ll try to get some video of my little jetskier!

1 Comment:

  1. Filetti Family said...
    Wow, it's so weird to see such a little guy on a jet ski and NOT BE SCARED! Brayden needs to pass some of that fearlessness onto my kids. They are scared-y cats.

Post a Comment